Today marks the 69th birthday of our amazing NHS!
We are so fortunate in this country that we’re able to seek medical assistance whenever we need it without having to worry about whether we can afford it or not.
There’s an incredible workforce behind it all, many of whom we’re extremely lucky to have the privilege of working with.
To celebrate and to show our appreciation for everything the NHS has achieved, we want to share some of the reasons why we’re thankful for our health service…
1. Whether your problems are big or small, if there is something genuinely wrong or not, the NHS will listen to you, never judge and will give you the best help they can.
2. In the words of the NHS’ founder, Aneurin Bevan, the NHS is there to ‘universalise the best’ and not just be a substitute for the poor. If it’s good enough for one of the world’s top scientists, Stephen Hawking, it’s certainly good enough for us!
3. When there is a crisis, a common occurrence in recent times, the NHS runs towards the problem to help those in need rather than turn the other way.
4. NHS staff provide more than just medical support, they offer an emotional shoulder to lean on and will often go above and beyond for their patients.
5. And finally, they are there for us 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in a heatwave or in the snow! No matter what, the NHS is always open to help.
THANK YOU AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY NHS!